So, as you might have guessed, I am that person…you know, the one who LOVES Christmas. The person you can’t take anywhere because I am so into the Christmas spirit. Normally, the house is decorated for the holidays by mid-November. This year that didn’t happen but the holiday music has been going since September. I am also a huge reader. Thus, I thought it would be good to share some of my favorite holiday books (for all ages, I am an equal opportunity reader), the ones I read every year. Here we go:
- The Best Christmas Pageant Ever by Barbara Robinson
- The Nutcracker by E.T.A. Hoffmann and Illustrated by Maurice Sendak
- A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
- Mannheim Steamroller: A Night Like No Other by Chip Davis
- The Snowman (and the animation, but more on that later) by Raymond Briggs
These books are a tradition in my house and started with my Mom reading them to me. Now I still read them every year and love them just as much. These books have become a part of my family, and there are always inside jokes related to their story lines…yes I am a book nerd but what’s new.