Because no Christmas would be right without Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer, I thought I’d make a list of my favorite Christmas movies that I have to watch every year. So many memories come from these, along with a lot of inside jokes. I’m sure I’m missing some but here you go.
- Scrooge/A Christmas Carol…there are so many versions of this and I like most of them but I’d have to say my favorite are always the versions with real people, not animations. The one that is on top: the musical with Albert Finny.
- Raymond Briggs’ The Snowman
- A Charlie Brown Christmas
- A Christmas Story
- The Grinch Who Stole Christmas…both animation as well as the one with Jim Carrey
- Miracle on 34th Street…old and new, but the new version is my favorite
- Polar Express
- The Santa Claus, 1, and 2…wasn’t very fond of 3
And because there are just so many classic claymations with the puppets they get their own list. Some of them have been remade as computer generated movies but I’m not referencing those, I’m talking about the classics:
- Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer
- The Year Without a Santa Claus
- Jack Frost
- Frosty the Snowman
- Rudolf’s Shiny New Year
- Nestor the Long-Eared Christmas Donkey
- The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus
- Santa Claus is Coming to Town
- there are a few more I haven’t listed, mainly because I can’t think of their titles, but they are all awesome!
Well, there you have it. Hopefully you find some on the list that become new favorites, or perhaps you have seen them all…good for you, you have good taste (haha). Only one more day to go!