In the past week I have picked up a project that I let sit for months. I decided it was high time to work on another hat design, picked out a neat cable, did some math and went to work, only to abandon the idea for the holidays. Well, I picked it up again this week…only to rip it out and revise. I hadn’t been knitting on it, it was fiddly, and I was getting annoyed so when I accidentally knit the wrong row in a cable pattern and knew I’d have to rip back I decided to rip the whole thing out and start over. The good news, starting over meant I simplified the pattern, fixed some mistakes I had made but never went back to fix on the original, and ended up with a finished sample in two days, yeesh, over almost two months versus two days. I’m going to have to make some adjustments but for now I’m just happy to be starting a week with something to show. Here’s to an awesome week.